HERBASTORE WEB SITES - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
HerbaStore respects the privacy of every individual who visits its Web Sites and any information collected about you will be used to first fulfil any service you might request and secondly improve how as a Company we serve you. We do this by making appropriate use of the information.
This information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of HerbaStore, its affiliated or associated companies, and the dealers, agencies and licensees of any of these companies, and any other companies with which HerbaStore has directly or indirectly arranged services for your benefit. It will be treated in accordance with the relevant legal provisions concerning data protection and may be initially stored and processed inside or outside anywhere in the world. It will be used only in the connection with the marketing of Herbalife products and services and related products and services.
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary; you also have the right to oppose the further collection and use of your information. We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. In particular circumstances, however, applicable laws and regulation may prohibit us from deleting your personal information. On how to exercise your right, see FAQ 11 below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are the benefits to HerbaStore collecting my information?
- What information might be collected by HerbaStore?
- How will HerbaStore collect and store this information?
- How long will HerbaStore store this information?
- Where will your personal information be stored?
- Why does HerbaStore collect this information?
- Who does this policy apply to?
- HerbaStore's commitment to Children's Privacy.
- What are cookies?
- What are customer profiles?
- How do I access or correct information about myself?
- What options do I have if I choose to register?
- What happens if I choose not to register?
1. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO ME OF HERBALIFE COLLECTING MY INFORMATION?
Collecting this information will help HerbaStore to achieve the following;
- To make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- Help us to provide information faster.
- To help us create content more relevant to you.
- To help you quickly find services or information available from HerbaStore.
- Using information to make improvements to the Site.
- Assessing general trends within the Web Site and its use.
- To alert you to new products, special offers, updated information and other new services that HerbaStore considers to be of interest to you. Where you have given us your permission we might authorise other companies to contact you directly.
2. WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT BE COLLECTED BY HERBALIFE WEB SITES?
At HerbaStore, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit HerbaStore on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information from you, such as your name and address. It is our intent to let you know before we collect information from you on the Internet.
Even before registration we will collect anonymous information about how you have used the Web Site. This is a common standard procedure for any Web Site on the Internet. The information collected does not personally identify you but may be helpful to us for marketing purposes or improving the services we offer.
If you choose to give the HerbaStore personal information via the Internet that we may need -- to correspond with you or provide you with a subscription, for example -- it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
3. HOW WILL HERBASTORE COLLECT AND STORE THIS INFORMATION?
The Site can collect information about you in a number of ways; either directly requesting it from you (as on a registration form) or by automatically recording information about your visit to this Site. For example we might collect data regarding your journey through the Site or record the options that you have chosen to take. Information is stored in a secure environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures. There is no general public access to this information.
4. FOR HOW LONG WILL HERBASTORE STORE THIS INFORMATION?
HerbaStore will store this information in a secure and protected environment for as long as we believe it will better help us to understand how we can serve you, and respect your wishes. In addition legislation might oblige us to store this information for a certain period of time. To understand how you can amend, or update information stored about you, please refer to the appropriate question in this section.
5. WHERE WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE STORED?
HerbaStore operates throughout Southern Africa. To enable us to offer consistent service to you, our customers, wherever you may be, we manage our web sites from one central site. HerbaStore guarantees to uphold the highest level of data protection.
6. WHY DOES HERBASTORE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION?
We need this information to help improve our services to you; we want to make it easier to tailor our products and services to your particular needs.
7. WHO DOES THIS POLICY APPLY TO?
This policy applies to web sites designed for the use of individual consumers and corporate visitors.
8. HERBASTORE'S COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our web site from those we actually know are under 13.
9. COOKIES POLICY
What Is A Cookie?
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come; the "lifetime" of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
Session Cookies: which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
Persistent Cookies: which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
How cookies are used on this site and what information is collected?
Session Cookies are used:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
- Persistent Cookies are used:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (using a number, you cannot be identified personally) when you return to our website.
- To allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Third Party Cookies
Third parties serve cookies via this site. These are used for the following purposes:
- To serve advertisements on our site and track whether these advertisements are clicked on by users.
- To control how often you are shown a particular advertisement.
- To tailor content to your preferences.
- To count the number of anonymous users of our site.
- To provide security within shopping baskets or transactions.
Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web Beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These Beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
Disabling and Enabling Cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
HOW DO I CORRECT INFORMATION ABOUT MYSELF?
Some HerbaStore Web Sites operate registration pages that allow you to review and update the Personal Information you have submitted. Elsewhere, you are simply given the option of cancelling your membership of the service. In other cases where you need to access or correct Personal Information you have submitted previously to the HerbaStore Site please contact HerbaStore via email at the following address email@example.com. Another option is to login to your HerbaStore account and amend your details online. Please note that in some instances, it may take some time for these changes to be reflected throughout all HerbaStore systems, so updates may not be immediately apparent.
WHAT ABOUT INTERNET & SITE SECURITY?
The Internet is not a secure system and you should always be cautious about the information you disclose whilst online. Personal Information collected by HerbaStore and HerbaStore Affiliated Independent Distributor Sites is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. In some cases, the Personal Information is encrypted before you conduct your transaction, using appropriate secure technology.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CHOOSE NOT TO REGISTER?
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you will in most cases still be able to use most of the HerbaStore and HerbaStore Affiliated Independent Distributor Sites. However you will not be able to access areas that require registration. Even if you do not register we will sometimes collect anonymous information about how you have used the Web Site. This is information that does not personally identify you but which may be helpful for marketing or improving the services we offer.